Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alternatives to cfstoredproc tag

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwdcfdeveloper

Programmer
Mar 20, 2001
US
I need to run an Oracle function in CFMX. Is there another way to run a function other than selecting from dual and the cfstoredproc tag? I run into two problems respectively:

1. When selecting from dual, the function I am using calls another function behind the scenes is suppose to populate a table and this does not occur using a select statement

2. When I use the cfstoredproc tag I get ora-01008 - not all variables are bound errors, which I don't understand because I supply a variable that is used in several other queries before the problem cfstoredproc tag and work just fine.

If anyone can shed some light on this issue, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

JW

A google search on "ora-01008 - not all variables are bound" returned a few hundred results.

When you say "function", are you talking about an actual Oracle function (like [maroon]LEFT(VarName, 5)[/maroon]), or is it a UDF?

Hope This Helps!

Ecobb
Beer Consumption Analyst

"My work is a game, a very serious game." - M.C. Escher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back