Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alternative Voicemail set by Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ihaditbutitsgone

Technical User
Mar 7, 2012
FR
Hello,

Is there any way to automatically set an alternative Voicemail for users?

There is current a standard message in place already and would like an alternative message which will automatically be in place out of hours (5pm - 8.59am) which will obviously inform the client that the member of staff is out of the office and will return the call in core hours.

I am aware of recording multiple Voicemails and handset Shortcodes to activate these but I would like this to kick in automatically....Is this possible?

Thank you in advance

Avaya IP 10.0(16)
Avaya 5410 Handset

What vm version, embedded or VM Pro?

A simple mind delivers great solutions

I presume you mean alternative Direct Dial Voicemail GREETING by time profile?
Im also desperate for this but have had no joy, dont think this can be done :-(

Is easily achievable, you just need to go to the users start point and add some test conditions that check what time it is and depending on the result goes to a different voice question action with the relevant recording as entry prompt. Means they can't access/change their greetings in the normal fashion but that's covered if you give them a edit playlist option to use :)

Hi amriddle01...

Looking Good!

Although would I have to create this for each and every user within VMPro? Coudnt I do a bulk option?

Thanks again

Not really as they would all need to have different prompts, you can copy and paste the actions themselves to speed things up but then you need to change the settings for mailbox and .wav to use etc :)

Ah i see - bit of a nightmare for 100+ users!

I'l have a think if its worth it!

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back