Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alternative to Weber Legi Barcode Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

ldbpiccus

IS-IT--Management
Jul 6, 2012
US
Recently I upgraded my user's computer and found that the Weber Legi (single software license) needed to be re-entered. But the company refused to give me a new license code eventhough I was using the same software that was on the old computer. They told me that the license was ONLY for the ONE AND ONLY computer that it was originally installed on. Eventhough in the past we upgraded the computer and they gave us a new code, now they are trying to get another $200 from me just to give me a new code for software I already purchased. They said that last times they gave me the new codes was "au gratis" and that I would never be given a new license code for the old software only because I switched computers.

So because of their bad customer service attitude, I'm looking for a new, similar solution. Anyone have any ideas?

I am not familiar with the Weber Legi software you refer to, but there are MANY barcode software packages available out on the web. Some of them are Free and other cost.

What is it about that specific software package that makes it unique?
And just because it is what you were using before is not good enough.

Or can any barcode software package that prints the same barcode symbology (Code 3of9, UPC-A, I 2of5, etc.) on some form of label work?

With more information we might be able to assist you better.

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back