Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alternative for M: in IIS for OWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

maurella

Technical User
Mar 12, 2002
US
Hi,

I am trying to be a good boy. I have installed and ran the free, MS Exchange Server Best Pracitces Analyzer on our Exchange 2000 Server. It warned that the "Exchange Installable File System drive is enabled" and provided instructions on how to remove it. So I did. No problem with normal, general usage. Now I am thinking of using OWA, and when I look in the IIS configuration, I see a nice big red "Error" button next to the Exchange and public objects under the "Default Web Site". The error is: cannot find path M:\mysite.org\{Public folders,MBX}. I think I know why: I did what Microsoft said I should do. It appears that I can modify the properties for these objects, but I do not know what they should be modifed to. Is there another term I can refer to these objects, like maybe using a UNC? for instance, is there a \\server\mtx or something like that?

Thanks,

Mike

OK. basically I need to replace the M: with \\.\backofficestorage\

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back