Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alternate trunk group

Status
Not open for further replies.

jatsmitty

Technical User
Mar 2, 2004
US
We are using a dynamic T1 for our lines, and have a few copper trunk as a "just in case". Is there a way to set up the ip office so i can dial 8 to get to the copper lines? As it stands now if the t goes down I have to change those lines to out of service and so on. I would rather just have the copper lines in the background waiting.

btw we are using a 403 control unit.

Thank You
Pat

You can set up a new ARS table that will use the copper lines. Then you can setup the backup ARS for main to your second ARS table, and it will switch automatically for you.

You can also do the shortcode 8 this way too. Just the same as your 9 shortcode, but pointing to your new ARS.

using a 403 then you dont have ARS Tables (i think)

make sure the copper lines are all in the same line group and then copy your 9N shortcode, changing it to 8N and make the line group id the id of the copper lines.

I tried the 8N on my test switch and it worked great.

Thank You very much for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back