Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alternate Printer drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

technidiva

IS-IT--Management
May 8, 2001
US
Hi all

I am running printers off of a NT4.0 server with win2000 workstations connecting to it. In the properties for my HP LJ 5n printer there is an area that shows alternate drivers for people that are connecting to the NT server with different operating systems. I tried to load win2000 drivers for the win2000 workstations but I keep getting an error message stating that they cannot load that specific driver. How do I get the win2000 driver to be an alternate driver on the server?

Thanks in advance..
~TD

Replace the Windows NT driver with the Windows 2000 driver. The Windows 2000 drivers have a backward compatiblity feature for installing them on NT so they work with both NT and 2000. Joe Miller
joe.miller@flotech.net

I do not think it can help you because NT doesnt want to use or install W2K drivers.

regards

P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back