Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alternate methods of remote access

Status
Not open for further replies.

telebub

Vendor
Jan 9, 2009
US
With NRU not supported by Windows 7, does anyone know of any other methods to perform remote administration? I know virtual XP can be installed on Windows 7 but this is a financial institution going to Windows 7 and will not allow XP of any sort to be installed due to Microsoft no longer supporting it as of March of next year.

We'll most likely setup XP machines in strategic locations with modems and just leave those PCs off the network. I thought I'd check to see if any of you have found a device to use in leiu of a RAD and NRU. Any and all ideas are welcome. Thank you!

I have managed to install NRU 11 on Windows 7 running 32 bit OK the other week. I found it to be easier to install than the XP machine I previously had.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

I thought I'd check to see if any of you have found a device to use in leiu of a RAD and NRU"

No and's if's or but's I'm afraid, you need those both no matter what.

Only does 64 bit Win7 require you to install XP Mode.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Just to add that once I had installed NRU11, I found that I couldn't access the "Norstar ICS Customer Info" tab as it kept saying that it couldn't find the database.

I got over this problem by right clicking the icon and selecting "properties". Then I selected run this program in "Windows 98 / Windows Me" compatibility and "Run this program as an administrator".

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

That's what I figured Curly, thank you both!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back