Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alternate Location for Disaster Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirlee

Technical User
Jun 11, 2002
CA
I've configured Brightstor 11 as per the instructions in the manual, entering the Alternate Machine Name, User Name, Domain, PW and the path, ie D$\DRalternate.

When I look at the 'alternate machine name' under the path I've pointed to, there is no data in this directory. Is there anything else I need to configure or choose to enable data to be stored to the directory?

Disaster recovery info sent to the DR machine only when you do full backup by selecting my computer and make it full green and the backup status must be successful then your info will be transfered,one imoratnt factor you should'nt put any filter.
In Activity log will be one entry when the dr info get generated

Use the client agent on the remote system. It is the client agent that collects the DR info and sends it to the backup server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back