Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alt Text for Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baledin

Programmer
Dec 13, 2012
US
Good morning, apologies if there has been a post on this before as I've had no luck finding any information on it for Access.

I have a report that is run annually for each congressional district in our state (49). The report is run as a standard Access report and exported to PDF via a script that I have written. I was recently informed that one of our senators to whom the report will be delivered to is blind and so I began trying to find ways to make the report more accessible but have had no luck finding documentation on this. I can export the report as normal and then add the correct accessibility tags in Acrobat, but that's time intensive considering the size of the report and the number of districts that I would have to do this to.

Does anyone know of a way to add alt (i.e. hover) text to an image in Access that will remain when the document is exported? I can't even find out how to add the hover text without VBA, which doesn't export at all.

Thanks for any and all help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back