Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ALT-PrintScreen Quit Working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

conniew

MIS
Nov 18, 1998
US
I have a user that has frequently used ALT-PrintScreen to capture screen shots for training documents. He usually captures the open window then pastes it in Paint. He's on a thin client so he hasn't added any new software or changed any of his settings but the process no longer works. What might have gone wrong?

In the Properties menu...on one of the tabs are a bunch of check boxes for PrnScrn and Alt/Print Scrn. <br>
<br>
I think unchecked works...in any case...reverse his check mark and see if that does it.

Thanks for your reply. Exactly what application am I going to the Properities menu in? I've looked at both Paint and ClipBook. Am I missing something here?

Right click on the icon for any program not behaving<br>
properly. You will see a menu. On the menu should <br>
be properities. Click on it. You should see a screen<br>
with tabs. <br>
<br>
And whoops...you only see the screen I am referring to if it is an icon for a DOS program. The tab (in Win 98) says Misc.<br>
<br>
If it is NOT a DOS application, tell the use to try Prntscrn without the alt.<br>
<br>
I believe its the same in NT.

Uhh-uhh...not so. Terminal Server on a thin client looks and feels just like regular old NT4. In NT4, you use ALT-PrintScreen to capture an open window, Shift-Printscreen to capture the whole screen. You can then go into Word, Paint etc. and do Edit, Paste. The version of Word is *not* DOS and we are not running Win98. (Sorry I thought that since I posted in the NT 4.0 area I didn't need to specify this). FYI: In NT4 the *standard* choices under Properties are: General, Shortcut and Security. Paint and ClipBook are part of NT4 Accessories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back