Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alrt type calls don't show in "list emergency" or on crss-alert button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Average Jeff

Vendor
Oct 2, 2023
US
I have a site running R015x.02.0.947.3 and I cannot get the alrt type calls to trigger the crss-alert or show in list emergency.

For testing purposes, I have added a new ARS alrt entry for my full cell phone number going to a new route. Since I am remote to the site I have a phantom with a DID going to cover remote which is my cell number. If I trace the phantom, I see my call go out the new route but no crss-alert triggers and nothing in list emergency. They noticed the crss-alert buttons no longer working after 0 was changed in the dialplan from attd to ext but that might be coincidence.

I have tried removing and restoring the crss-alert keys on the attd phones, interchange / reboot on the servers, and reset sys 1. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

Is it possible that the feature is working, but you've got location based crss-alrt enabled? Try checking that setting and if enabled, check your locations/tenancy.

Is your cell phone set up as an EC500 number? I know some versions of the CM software wouldn't allow an alert call to an EC500 number to be classified as a call type ALRT.

dialtonebone: Display locations shows only 1 location. Page 10 on system-parameters features, Allow Crisis Alert Across Tenants = n.

Wanebo: I have a phantom/x-port station with a cover path going to remote cover as my cell phone number.

Thank you both for your ideas.

I know it's been a minute, but this turned out to be something with partition routing.

If I leave it on partition routing (original config) then the operators don't get the alert for 911/9911 calls. If I change ARS to go to the same routes that partition routing is using then the alert works. I did trace a 911 call (and list ars route-chosen) before and after the change to make sure it really was using the same route both times.

Thank you both for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back