Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alpha Lookup

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickty

MIS
May 25, 2001
GB
Hi
My application contains a number of LOVs.
Some of them are large - containing office names and user names etc.
There does not seem to be any alpha lookup facility - does anyone know a way to get round this - as it is a problem as users are going to have to scroll through a large amount of information.
Thank you.

Try to use Filter Before Display property.
It filters result set by the first displayed column. If you need more robust criteria, you may use either select column1||''||column2 etc. to make this composite column the first visible one, or create so called soft lov - some qbe form returning values via global or package variables.

Thank you for your reply - but it does not make much sense to me!
I am using WebDB(but used this post as I don't get any replies using that forum) and thought that Developer is similar enough.
Perhaps for this particular query WebDB is too different?

ps I am a conversion computing student on placement - so (as you can see) my knowledge is limited and I need as much help as I can get.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back