Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ALPAY010 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtlPayroll

Technical User
Dec 18, 2006
US
We're currently using ADP Enterprise 3.0 Autolink. One of the regular payroll audit reports is the ALPAY010 - Active Hourly Employees with No Hours. I'm trying to write this in ReportSmith because I have multiple paygroups (and the Enterprise report only generates one paygroup at a time) as well as I'd like to be able to export the data. I've thought about a Master/Detail report because I want all active hourly employees (JOB table) and any hours for that employee (AL_PDE_HRS_ERN). Any thoughts as to how to write a selection criteria for only those that don't have any hours either because no data was entered in for them (nul hours) or only dollars passed over for them (0 hours)?

AtlPayroll said:
Any thoughts as to how to write a selection criteria for only those that don't have any hours either because no data was entered in for them (nul hours) or only dollars passed over for them (0 hours)?

I am going to assume you can't just have a Selection Critera where Hours = 0 or is Null.

SelectionCriteraNoHours.png

Then this is the classic "Everyone that's not here raise your hand" problem.

Just as a way of thinking this through what if you had a Selection Criteria where you manually entered the Emplid of everyone who HAS hours and excluded them.

NotInList.png

The above critera would exclude everyone with hours.

Now what if the Selection Critera we just built could fill it's self in. It can !!! What you need to do is create a very simple report that only returns the Emplid of people with hours. Copy the reports SQL and paste it into the Selection Critera we just built. Now the Selection will have a list of Emplids to exclude.

NotInListWithSelect.png

CharlesCook.com
ADP - PeopleSoft - SAP
ReportSmith - Crystal Reports - SQR - Query - Access
Reporting - Interfaces - Data Mining

I understand what you're saying but here are my thoughts. From the JOB table, you select all active hourly employees. As soon as you link the AL_CHK_DATA table, it's going to drop off employees who don't have any data in this table. Is there any way other than a Master/Detail report to have a JOB (Master) with a selection criteria of the AL_CHK_DATA (Detail) having having 0 hours or nul data?

You can link using "Include Unmatched Records". Watch out for you Selection Critera based on the AL_CHK_DATA fields because that will cause a problem.

CharlesCook.com
ADP - PeopleSoft - SAP
ReportSmith - Crystal Reports - SQR - Query - Access
Reporting - Interfaces - Data Mining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back