Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Alowing smtp port 25 from a DMZ through to the inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helfenmir

MIS
Sep 17, 2001
GB
Hi All

I am new to this but learning. I have a good grasp of the concept but am lacking in commands. However, I am soon to go on a PIX course. Alas, until then, I need to get this working by Friday evening.

I have a server in a DMZ which needs to send a smtp message via our mail server through the inside network.

I need to allow port 25 through on the IP address
of my server residing in the DMZ through to the inside.

How do I do this please? I'm becoming a desperate man but I'm sure it can't be that difficult.

Many Thanks in anticipation

Helfenmir

Give the inside server, in this case at 192.168.85.28 an address on the service net, w.x.y.z.

static (inside,service-net) w.x.y.z 192.168.85.28 netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0

Create ACL entry to allow the traffic through.
access-l servicenet-in permit tcp host w.x.y.dmz_server_wanting_to_send host w.x.y.z eq 25

Apply access list to interface.
access-g servicenet-in in interface service-net

Inb any case adjust the name of the service-net to reflect what you have used in your DMZ. If you all ready have an servicenet/dmz acl, then adjust the name I used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back