Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AlohaMgr upgrade to 6.5.16 has lost userid/pswd info 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beesboss

Technical User
May 2, 2011
US
Newbie upgrade issue:
In upgrading a 2 term / server TS setup from 5.3.xx to 6.5.16, several things on the disk they gave me did not work correctly, but I worked through them. After getting the 2 terminals updated (TS) without problems, Ctlsrv problems were fixed by running the correct line from the Register Iber 6_5_16_ batch file. However, the server (AlohaMgr I determined) was still 5.3. I determined the install never wrote the 6.5 AlohaMgr.exe file over the ver 5.3. So did did by droping a copy off the disk, but I did not do the complete unzip of the .zip that the AlohaMgr.exe file was in. (I did save a 5.3 copy of AlohaMgr) The terminals sync OK, so I expect to run OK.

The problem I am left with is that I can't log into the TS on the server. The old login doesn't work.

What did I miss, or how can I pull an around-end and get and ID working to regain Admin control?

Answering my own thread! This is so anyone with similar problem will have the (reported) answer. I'll try to report back if this works as advertised.

He said there is not a default id/pswd.

He said the admin login set up on 5.3 would be active on 6.5. But since I don't have that, I need to go back to 5.3 and set up another admin userid and password. Then re-upgrade, the new userid/pswd will be active and I'll have admin control through it.

Yes, this worked. I went back to 5.3. On the terminal I tool an ID and assigned it a password, which is numeric at this point. I reinstalled 6.5 and used the emp# as ID and the numeric password for the login. AlohaMgr then went to ChangePswd where it then required a more secure alpha-numeric password.

I now have BOH control. However, that emp# is not operating on the terminals anymore, but for the time being that's OK.

Now I'm off to sort out the EDC issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back