Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AlohaMGR ID & Pwsd on a fresh install?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beesboss

Technical User
May 2, 2011
US
I had a BOH HD fail and it was unrecoverable. So a new HD was installed, XP SP2 installed.

Aloha tech said copy Aloha folder from Master terminal which is running as the fileserver since the crash, and then use my 6.5.15 CD to install over that so I would have all the employee/menu stuff I otherwise would lose.

I did the register file at the root to register the services.

I used advanced.exe to install AlohaMgr. However, the old Admin ID and PSWD do not work to login.

1)Should this have worked as claimed? Should I have deleted some terminal specific stuff such as DOWNTIME.INI and IBERCFG.bat before the install.

2) Is there a way to add a pswd to an existing MGR employee at one of the terminals, and then copy a specific file from the term to the BOH and have it work as a login.

3) If I was to do a fresh install (uninstall, delete Aloha folder, install without copying the Aloha folder from a term), what would I use as the AlohaMgr ID and password?

4) Come to think of it where along the way does the Aloha+hello get set up? that's a windows user (admin level) account, correct?

Thanks in advance.

1. always make backups.

make a copy of data and newdata on the server

copy the data folder from your terminal to the server.

make a copy of that folder and rename it to new data.

open the newdata folder and delete the trans.log file.

you should be good.

Cheers,
Coorsman

Thanks Coorsman, you were helpful again. Even though the old login was gone and I couldn't recover it this way, I was able to take another manager ID, add a numeric pswd at the terminal, copy DATA from that terminal and get into BOH.

And point taken about the backups. Everyone else who reads this, if it wasn't you today, it could be you tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back