Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha without back office computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jnan

Technical User
Feb 24, 2011
US
I have one master pos and 2 slaves running aloha. Using xp back office computer. When I have a problem all three go down. I found one radiant terminal model 1510 . Is it possible to use it as a back up without connecting it to back office computer. Thanks for your help

I am not sure your question makes sense. Are you saying can this replacement terminal take the place of term1 term2 or term3? I am sure with the correct configuration adjustments I do not see why not. Is it possible your master terminal is starting to have problems? Maybe have one of the other 2 terminals act as the master and previent the problem terminal from becoming the master in the first place.

Let me ask you like this. Suppose I don't have any pos in my restaurant . Can I use radiant running aloha without using any Back office computer. Thanks

There has to be a server or term server configuration.

Cheers,
Coorsman

Can I do the server in the radiant 1510 model. Thanks for your reply

The only issue with a 1510 is the amount of ram they can hold. It really depends on the version of aloha.

Cheers,
Coorsman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back