Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha -- Veridicom 5thSense usb scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbqITman

IS-IT--Management
Apr 10, 2006
US
I am trying to set up Veridicom 5thSense USB finger print scanners at one of our locations. I have copied the files off the Aloha installation CD under the Veridicom\bin folder to aloha\bin; I have also installed the drivers, and set the terminals up in aloha manager to use the Veridicom scanners. The win98 terminals will enroll a finger print and use the scanner, but the radiant 1510 running XP will not use the scanner. The device is installed and works fine through the test software, but not with the Aloha interface. Also the Aloha system forgets the enrolled prints when the system refreshes. I am hoping that these scanners will function correctly, because we are using the Lonetree finger print solution in another location and would like to find a better option.

Thanks much
bbqITman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back