Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

aloha terminal repairs in florida 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

alohabs

IS-IT--Management
Jun 17, 2008
US
I have 2 aloha radiant terminals with issues. One does nothing. The second boots only to show a blinking white cursor and never makes it to windows. Is there anyone that might be able to offer troubleshooting suggestions or recommend a repair company that I could send them to. I am not under service contract with Aloha as they offered no economical options and I will no longer deal with the group that the system was purchased through.
Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions..

Aloha is controled by authorized dealers with territories. You can go outside your local dealer for repairs and service but not upgrades. You will have to ship them the terminals or take them to them, and unless you know what your doing, some Aloha support will have to provide phone support to get the terminals back on line.
I Googled Aloha POS in Florida and got the following.

Aloha by Posabilities
239-337-4767
2164 W 1st Suite 500
Fort Myers , FL , 33901

JCR SYSTEMS
4936 Lenoir Avenue
Jacksonville , FL , 32216

Abacus Business Solutions
5301 Roosevelt Blvd., Suite 303
Clearwater , FL , 33760

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

Doing nothing- literally nothing- is very often a power supply. The problem is Radiant has the hardware locked down and you will have a hard time finding one outside their network.

The other one sounds like it could just be a hard drive/windows re-load issue.

Again, these are just snap observations, I obviously can't say for sure.

My advice is to ditch the Radiant hardware. I've seen too many fail in the 1-3 year range, and also implosions where not just one or two fail- but a site literally loses 50-70% of them within that time frame.

Depending on how savy you are, you might try taking the hard drive or CF out of the unit that does nothing, and putting into the one that won't boot to windows- that might get you at least one good terminal.

If they are 1510 or 1550 terminals you can connect a standard ATX power supply to the outside of the terminal to test if is a power supply issue. The plug in is bottom/front. The "internal" power supply should currently be plugged in there...

I think alohaakamai3 is probably correct. One has bad hard drive or OS, and the other a bad power supply. You can take the hard drive from the dead terminal and move it to the term that has power. It is easily accessed from the top back of the term, by removing the 2 screws from the top panel.

A power supply for a micro AT case should fit in a 1510. If you get the other machine going, you can use ghost or whatever to get an image onto a new hard drive.

Alternately, you can contact Radiant Systems directly. If it is under a year old, it should be covered by drop ship replacement. If it is over a year old, you can pay to extend the coverage.

Third, you can contact Abacus Business solutions. They process a high volume of Radiant equipment. 727-524-0177.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back