Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Table Service, NCR remote tech took away "Refresh Data" option

Status
Not open for further replies.

RouterRanger

IS-IT--Management
Feb 22, 2016
US
Using Aloha Table Service/Aloha Manager ver. 6.7.66

*The Problem*
Aloha Enterprise called and said they would do an upgrade to our table service/aloha manager program.

They remoted in and installed the new version, but knocked down the permissions of our user login so we could not refresh data.

Our owner was livid, and called them and asked them to revert the changes.

While Aloha Enterprise *DID* revert the table service back to ver. 6.7.66, they did not elevate the user name we login with to get the refresh data option back, and now claim that we have to pay them to remote in to fix the issue or just wait till the next day for the server to reboot before we see changes on the terminals.

What the heck?

I have been looking around in the EMP.dbf , SECLVL.dbf, SECLVLDT.dbf files and tried elevating my user to the "abacus" level (997), and then in table service I've added a group shortcut for the "Back Office Security Levels & Maintenance" area - but when I try to add "refresh" data as an option for my login, it tells me that I "cannot add permissions to your own security level".

Not really sure of the solutions. I could go about adding/merging in random fields from my old .dbf files from before the change to see if that brings the "Refresh Data" option back, but there are many differences between the two databases and I'm worried about bugging out Aloha.

I've read another forum post where @Coorsman was able to supply an EMP.dbf which had a blanked-out super user password and people could use that new super user login to add permissions back to your original login, but those threads are older and the links provided are now gone.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, we just want to be able to refresh data to test new menu items before opening for service and Aloha is telling us we have to pay for it when they were the ones who made the changes.

Thanks you to anyone reading!

Reach out to me and I can provide new SEClvl and SECLVLDT that will give your refresh option back.
Look to website below or on reddit

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
We answer when they don't
reddit : rossabout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back