Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Super User EDC issue version 7.0.7 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogueTech

IS-IT--Management
Jun 5, 2011
US
I do not have a dealer key nor do I work for a re seller but I am trying to get an EDC parameter switch (Visanet) completed. I understand that previously, removal of the iberexe.dll from the BIN solved the problem of the SuperUser disable but that file seems to be gone from the BIN in this version. I am wondering if anyone knows a way to get SuperUser access without a dealer key in a 7.0 or higher version.

Thanks in advance.

-RT

In version 6.4 and higher the Super User has to be disabled. You need to call the dealer and have them give the manager/owner rights to acces the EDC parameter setup if the will. They always charge to switch CC companies and that's usually why they have it disabled.

Cheers,
Coorsman

Thanks Coorsman, Having our help desk do it in order to avoid contacting the dealer and having them bill the merchant $295 is what this CC Vendor was trying to avoid. I handle the CC switches for the CC rep and bill them directly so as to avoid the dealer and be able to sell the switch to the merchant.

No other way to get around this SuperUser issue? Im paying for a solution if needed.

Thanks,

-SS

As a restaurant owner w/o super user rights on the BO security levels you are tied down to calling your dealer to provide any type of hardware/software changes.

It won't be long until the only support you will get is from your dealer. Some dealers are already tying their hardware and networks to mac addresses on terminals and servers to head off the rouge tech companies and people buying or repairing there own hardware.

I know there are some startup companies offering Aloha Tech support but are finding it hard to navigate around the new security and can never provide software upgrades.

Cheers,
Coorsman

Thanks Coorsman, It was the answer I was anticipating and fearing. Ive worked with Aloha for about 6 years, initially under a dealership and some not but we have seen these security lock downs coming for awhile. Was hoping to squeeze out a few more jobs before I gave up on servicing these accounts.

Thanks man.

RogueTech,

There are still ways around to getting more access such as manually creating the access via the DBF file. We have done it many times on version 6.5 and above where we don't have login.

That all worked fine before CMC the new Aloha manager and or 7.0 now Aloha manager once installed will read all the DBF and ini file settings when it's first installed then all changes are dumped into the dbf and ini files after each refresh. So any changes made in a DBF file the Aloha manager overwrites and never reads.

Cheers,
Coorsman

I have aloha 5.3. Do I still have a chance to remove iberex.dll . I wanna change my credit card information in configuration . If so please show me how thanks

Yes - on version 5.3 the alt-x super user still works - just search for it here in the forum.

Cheers,
Coorsman

FYI, EDC changes can be made directly in the EDC.ini file for all versions of EDC, even on versions 7.0, 12.1, etc. Here is a blank 7.0 EDC.ini

[System]
ManageDebout=TRUE
MultipleMerchantIDs=FALSE
LastDeboutUpdateDate=215
[Processors]
VISANET=1
[VISANET]
ProcessRejectedTxn=0
AcquirerBIN=666666
MerchantNumber=123456789012
StoreNumber=0001
TerminalNumber=0001