Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha stuck authorizing Credit card

Status
Not open for further replies.

acuity2011

Technical User
Jun 22, 2011
US
Hi, we use Aloha 6.2.15
I have a couple of checks left open since yesterday because when we try to close them, shows "authorizing" If we try to delete the CC payment it wont let us because it is "authorizing" We have successfully ran the EOD and batched the credit cards for yesterday. How do I close these checks. This happened a couple of years ago and we fixed it but I cannot recall what we did, HELP

In aloha manager - maintenance -system - credit cards - disable using credit cards.
- refresh - don't let anyone use system while doing this.
delete the payment on stuck payment.
-re-enable use credit cards In aloha manager
-refresh

Cheers,
Coorsman

Hi Coorsman
my aloha manager 6.2.15 does not have the credit card option under maintenance-system Can go to EDC and stop credit card processing ?
Also noticed that the MOD in trying to fix the problem deleted the item on the ticket making the balance zero, but the system is still trying to get an authorization on the original amount.

It does you just can't get to it with your security level. Use the back door - Alt-x to get super user level security. Search for it on this site.

Cheers,
Coorsman

I know about the Alt-x. Maybe I did not use it, I will try again

Also check your Audit report against your EDC settlement to see if those cards went through. Otherwise you lost that money if the auth didnt get sent back to the POS. In the future you want your managers to make sure they have EVERY checkout in their hand before settling the batch. That's a lazy, rookie mistake that can be avoided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back