Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha stuck authorizing a credit card 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

xywh

IS-IT--Management
Jul 1, 2011
US
Aloha 6.7.30

Lost fileserver today, went into redundant mode, brought back file server, exited redundant mode.

Somewhere during that, I now have three different tabs that have credit card transactions that are stuck "authorizing..." I cannot delete the authorization, and cannot do anything with them. They never went through EDC (checked). I don't even really care if I keep the credit card transaction or not - I just need the transaction gone so the server can run checkout.

I tried the procedure on tek-tips: - but, I did not have "credit cards" under system. I'm logged into Aloha Manager as the highest privileged user, but obviously alt+x doesn't work anymore in Aloha 6.5.

At a loss on what to do - any ideas? Thanks!
Chase

You can try this.

Stop EDC
Refresh data
that should put you in spooling
see if the 3 cards get fake authorizations
Then start EDC again. If your edc service is set to run with a specific account and not local account it will go search your FOH for spooled files and bring back to server.
If you are not setup correct, you will have to find your master and look for "spooling" under the %iberdir%\aloha\edc
delete this file and copy the *.spl file to your BOH to the %iberdir%\aloha\edc folder
using dos then rename them using rename *.spl *.req
let us know if that worked. If you found this helpful please mark as a great post.

AlohaRoss
3rd Party support

That worked perfectly!

I stopped EDC/POS processing, then refreshed data. When the terminals came back up, the stuck transactions got offline authorizations. Turned EDC POS processing back on, and they automatically spooled and processed.

Thanks a ton!

Chase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back