Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha - Selecting a printer to print to when ordering

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechieMan

MIS
Aug 24, 2000
KY
Hi all,
I have recently inherited an Aloha system (Version 5.3.24) and dont really know anything about it as i have never used Aloha before, so im hoping that someone can help me out with this question...

We have 2 kitchens at the resort i work at - 1 upstairs and 1 downstairs. Currently the Aloha system is setup so that when the order is placed and either the DONE button or the TO GO button is pressed the ticket prints to the upstairs kitchen.

Currently if the bar staff need to print to the downstairs kitchen, instead of pressing DONE or TO GO they press the downstairs printer button.
I would like to change this so that when the DONE or TO GO button is pressed a new screen appears with 2 buttons (Upstairs or Downstairs) and the bar staff can select which printer they want to print to.

The reason i need to make this change is because the staff forget that they should be pressing the downstairs button and the order goes upstairs when the kitchen is closed. Obviously this causes issues with customers waiting for their food.

Does anyone know if this is possible and how i would do this?

Thanks for your help

The best way to re-rout printers is to manually re-rout the printer or turn it off it is set to auto re-route when that kitchen is closed. If the second kitchen is on a scheduled close like Monday you can use and event to re-route the printer an a schedule.

Thanks Coorsman for answering so quickly.

Turning off the printer in the upstairs kitchen would be an option... We would just have to make sure it gets turned off when the kitchen is not in use.

Would there be no way then of setting Aloha so that the bar staff can manually select the required kitchen printer?

Thanks again

There is a way.
Your order modes are programmable. Rename two of your order modes to the printer names you want to use and you can set them to print accordingly either by event or there is a way in the back office software. Can't remember exactly, but there are a couple of guys on here that can be more detailed.

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

Thanks DTSMAN - that makes sense. I'll look into trying to do that.

Cheers for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back