Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

***Aloha Schedule Files for FOH enforcement (non-native)***

Status
Not open for further replies.

RokStar

IS-IT--Management
Mar 15, 2006
US
We've created 20170524.sch files that appear identical to the old, native sch files. However, it's not working and I'm not sure why. It seems pretty straight forward.

I see that in Aloha QS 12.3, at some point, I assume EOD, the native (created by MenuLink) are ingested and a 20170524.ok file is created. The file then appears in DATA and the FOH can read it without issues. I have limited knowledge about the AlohaSchedule.dbf being some sort of "working area" for the ingest, but I understand, at least for MenuLink, it just simply needs to exist, which it does.

This homegrown file never sees a matching 20170524.ok file, and never makes it to DATA after EOD.

Is there anything I'm missing about creating a sch file for the FOH????

Thanks all!

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=de2ebfaf-7a5f-4a39-8942-70b971ae3337&file=20170524.SCH
The file needs to go into New Data, not data. I'm not sure why it is handled that way, but our system putsit into New Data and it shows in New Data on POS terminals as well, never being moved to data. It works properly with our mock .sch files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back