Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha - Removing credit card processing fee from credit card tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRNYC

IS-IT--Management
Feb 9, 2016
US
Management and our accountants want to double check that the credit card processing fee is being taken out of CC tips before we apply these tips to the staff.

Is there an option or control for this somewhere in Aloha? If so, where can I find it? Thank you!

what you are referring to is tip reduction. If you can provide what version of Aloha you are using, new or old I can tell you where the setting is located

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
PM me on Reddit

Awesome. Thank you. Your help is always appreciated.

Aloha Manager version: 15.6.0.8826
Local POS version: 12.3.35

Maintenance
Payments
Tenders
Change for Visa, MC,AMX and Discover
Capture_ue8mpg.jpg

enter 3 would be 3%. If you are over charging on this by even the smallest amount a veteran server or bartender may sue you for the small percent difference. Since each card used has a different rate, you need to look at your effective rate. You may assume its 3% but most people pay somewhere around 2.2% to 2.5%. Anything over this in your effective rate.(average of all charges to sales)

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
PM me on Reddit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back