Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Register Keeps Rebooting 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewtoAloha

IS-IT--Management
Oct 9, 2019
US
One of our clients is having a problem with one of their registers, where it will try to load RAL but it will show the following error then reboot.
BYB30_Error_hm2gzg.jpg

I stopped IBERQS.exe before it could start and was able to check and see what versions of .NET it has, and the latest version is 3.5. I tried installing version 4 but was kept getting an error saying there wasn't enough space on the drive to install it. The drive is showing that it only has 3GB of space total.
I tried removing some of the old versions but kept getting errors saying they were all is use. Is there another version of .NET 4 I'm supposed to install on the registers? Am I missing something?

You need to install .net 4.0, but you will need 1 gig of free space on drive. Look to delete the following.

Everything in c:\bootdrv,
c:\windows\installer All *.msi and *.msp files. This is a hidden system folder.
C:\staging everything in there.
C:\users all profiles listed that you are not using except public and administrator.
Empty recycle
delete all files in hidden folder c:\recycle

If all else fails, you will need to get larger harddrive or better hardware. They probably bought a replacement terminal off Ebay and just assumed it would work

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
We answer when they don't
reddit : rossabout

Thanks! I wasn't sure what I could remove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back