Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha (Radiant) Printer Alternatives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RouterRanger

IS-IT--Management
Feb 22, 2016
US
Hello Tek-Tips!

This is my first post!

I will not lie, I have learned so much form these forums, and I am grateful to all of the technicians who have selflessly given their knowledge for both the people eager to learn and the people who were caught in sticky situations!

*Question*

Are there any alternative printers that you could use for the Aloha POS systems?

So many businesses use the EPSON TM-88V for thermal receipt printing from terminals, and also the TM-U220B for ticket printing to kitchen/prep areas.

(sorry to be redundant)
Are there any other printers out there that will reliably do the same job, but are cheaper in cost?

I feel like these printers are so cheaply made and can't understand the near $300 price tag. My only thought is that the market is dictating the price on these printers and my clients might be unfairly gouged by NCR/Aloha.

$300 for a thermal receipt printer feels like getting raked over the coals.

Thank you all, for everything!

Bixilon SRP 350 and the Bixilon SRP 275. Both are almost half the price of Epson. They are also the branded Radaint printers. They use the same cables and same settings as Epson. The Dip switches are the opposite. Epson DSW1 is Bixilon DSW2 and Epson DSW2 is Bixilon DSW1

AlohaRoss
3rd Party support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back