Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Quick Combo "cannot be applied at this time"

Status
Not open for further replies.

elindsey

Programmer
Aug 3, 2014
US
I am trying to set up a quick combo. Here is the price breakdown:

[pre]$2.00 Dft Beer
$8.00 Pitcher
$0.00 Pizza
$6.00 Classic Crust
$0.00 12"[/pre]

As you can see, the modifiers (pitcher and classic crust) upcharge the base item. I have Aloha set to combine price with base item price when they are used as modifiers. Therefore, I end up with a $10 Dft Beer Pitcher item and a $6.00 Classic Crust Pizza item, for a subtotal of $16.00.

I set up a Quick Combo for $10.00, 2 Required Components, Component 1 is min 1/max 1 Domestic Drafts category (which includes the Dft Beer item), Component 2 is min 1/max 1 Pizza UI category (which includes the Pizza item).

Every time I try to apply the Quick Combo, Aloha tells me "The Quick Combo cannot be applied at this time". The only time I usually see this error is when the combo price would exceed the price of the items' subtotal without the combo. My question is: does Aloha ignore the "combine price with base item" setting when it comes to performing that calculation? Is Aloha refusing to apply the promo because it only "sees" a $2.00 subtotal instead of the $16.00 subtotal that is displayed on the screen?

Thanks in advance,
Eric

Aloha TableService 6.7.72

Check your item availability and make sure the items are in that category. Second, make sure on the restrictions tab, you have a number greater than 0 for number of times it can be applied and you have checked all the boxes.

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
We answer when they don't
reddit : rossabout

Thanks for the reply, Ross. I was pretty sure that I had already checked those things, but I wanted to wait until I was on site to be sure.

AlohaRoss said:
make sure the items are in that category

Yes, they are.

AlohaRoss said:
on the restrictions tab, you have a number greater than 0 for number of times it can be applied

Both numbers are set to 99.

AlohaRoss said:
checked all the boxes

Yep.

Here's some more context about the exact way the items are set up:

Dft Bud Light is assigned to the menu at $2.58, is a member of the Domestic Drafts category, and has 1 modifier (Draft Beer 16oz).
Pitcher is assigned to the Draft Beer 16oz modifier screen, with Modify Base Price checked and set to Base x 3, and with Combine Price with Base Item checked.
Pizza is assigned to the menu at $6.19, is a member of the Pizza UI category, and has 3 modifiers (Size, Crust, Toppings).
Classic is a member of the Crust modifier screen, with an assigned price of $0.00.
12" is a member of the Size modifier screen, with an assigned price of $0.00.
All of the pizza toppings are a member of the Toppings modifier screen, with various prices and "Combine price" NOT checked.

So behind the scenes, Aloha is doing this:

[pre]Dft Bud Light 2.58
Pitcher 7.74 (2.58 x 3)
Pizza 6.19
Classic 0.00
12" 0.00
Total 16.51[/pre]

But what the customer and staff see is this:

[pre]Dft Bud Light 10.32
Pitcher
Pizza 6.19
Classic
12"
Total 16.51[/pre]

Because of the way we run our licensing, we want the discount to apply to the alcohol and NOT to the food, so I have a Quick Combo set up like so:

Price: $4.06
# of items required: 2
Category 1: Domestic Drafts (1 min/1 max)
Category 2: Pizza UI (1 min/1 max, price separately)

Desired behavior is for the Quick Combo to make the (combined) Dft Bud Light Pitcher $4.06, for a final subtotal of $10.32 (yes--we give the pizza away for free with a pitcher but for our numbers we want the food sales to count). By unchecking the "combine price with base item" on the Pitcher modifier, and by setting the Quick Combo price to $0.00, I was able to successfully apply the combo and see what was happening: the Quick Combo is only changing the price of the $2.58 Dft Bud Lt to $0.00, without affecting the modifier. This results in a price of $13.93, well above the $10.32 desired amount.

[highlight #FCE94F]WORKAROUND[/highlight]

I figured out I can use a classic Combo promo for this: $10.32 price, Free Modifiers set to a group that includes Pitcher, Category 1 set to Domestic Drafts min 1/max 1, Category 2 set to Pizza UI min 1/max 1. The only problem with this workaround is that I suspect it will affect the reporting of our food sales. I'd really like the Pizza item to be priced separately. Auto-Apply would also be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back