Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha question - What happened to "Output to Screen"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

balloon172

IS-IT--Management
Jun 9, 2009
US
In Reports/Reprints, we've always had the ability to Output to Screen, making searches through many hundreds of tickets for a specific item pretty easy. The option still appears, but even when selected, when a user tries to create a report, they are presented with the "Select Printer" dialog. Trying to explain how to create a PDF, then search it, is cumbersome. Has the "Output to Screen" functionality been truncated?
Aloha POS 12.3.48, Aloha Manager 18.5.0.2720 (as well as several higher versions...)

Thanks!

Go to reprint reprots, you can change it there. Then close Aloha and reopem. It will now open on screen and not ask for printer

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
We answer when they don't
reddit : rossabout

Sorry for the delayed response on this one. I read this as go to Reports/Aloha POS/Reprints, then change it under File/Settings/Output To... (just like we've done for years), then close and reopen AM and the change would "stick". Unfortunately, this did not solve the problem - no matter whether I restart AM or not, it is always asking me what printer I want to send it to, and not coming up on the screen. My workaround thus far has been to print it as a PDF, but that gets cumbersome when I am looking for a single item over multiple days of sales. Amy other thoughts?

Thanks!

bt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back