Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ALOHA QS v5.3.26e GIFT CARD

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavaGoGo

Technical User
Mar 19, 2008
US
Hi

I use aloha qs v5.3.26e and I was wondering if I can run a gift card locally using mag strip cards on the local system. I only have one location so the ecard doesnt seem like a solution i need until I have more sites.
The 99 per month by radiant is not a cost effective solution yet for me because the sales are really low.

I installed the BOH gift certificates module that came in the cd but that seems like that is for a gift cert paper solution.

I have 4 options on the aloha manager:
maintenance>store settings>Group:gift card/gift certs>
Select Gift Card Host
aloha ecard
paymentech
stored value systems
valueLink

Thanks

Aloha is equipped with a gift certificate solution. Your key may not be authorized for the BOH gift solution, so possibly that is why it will not work.
Some credit card processors provide a solution, there are other companies that have a secondary machine that honors gift cards, but for the lowest cost effective solution you should use the gift certificate solution already implied within Aloha.
You can get some certificates made, program set amounts, and Aloha will allow them to be sold once, as well as redeemed once keeping on site records within your database. Later on when you gain more locations, when customers that present gift certificates, you can issue them a gift card, and use the gift certificate voucher as payment to activate the card.
I think this is your best short time solution and most cost effective.
Good Luck!

Brad C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back