Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Printer Group Reroute Scheduling Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRNYC

IS-IT--Management
Feb 9, 2016
US
I apologize that this is probably something I can find in the documentation. But I need to be 100% sure about this.

I am programming our Aloha system to reroute Printer Group A to Printer Group B.
The activation schedule is "Start of Day" for every Sunday.

I created the event, added the activation schedule and placed it near the top of the event scheduler list.

Two questions:

1. Is it normal that the "Start Time" is still showing as 0:00 (I figure yes because of the "Start of Day" setting)
2. Sunday night, after end of day, the system will default back to the original printer group correct? I don't need to create an event that reverses the rule?

Thank you in advance!

-Jon R.

Start of day and end of day in Aloha are very fluid ideas

If your restaurnat opens at 8:00am and close at 2:am on Sun, then in Aloha your EOD is running at 27 or 28:00. In aloha this means the day started at 8am and ended at 4am the next day. Your events should start after the previous day ends to not run into any confusion. While 00:00 will work, changing it to when you open along with changing in aloha when the day starts your period reports and time interval reports will not have useless none working hours with them.

As long as you event is just for Sunday then it will only run on Sundays. The system is smart enough to figure that out

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.

as long as your event is just sunday at start of day it will run from the minute your saturday end of day runs until your sunday end of day runs then it will revert back to your regular printer routing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back