Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha - Price Change Event not firing

Status
Not open for further replies.

RouterRanger

IS-IT--Management
Feb 22, 2016
US
Aloha TS 6.7.66

We currently have a "happy hour" between 4-6 that reduces certain drinks.

The event/price change was not setup by myself, but I can see that our Happy Hour price reductions are set using "Price Level" (not set individually on items in the "price change" tab) and is set to fire from the events tab at a certain time, and then another event disables the price level at 6:05pm.

Now we want to create another price change for the last hour we are open on certain drinks.

What I did:
-----------

I created a new price change and setup the price change for each item in "Price Change".

I made sure all of the items I set prices for were also set to "Active" in the checkbox, then I saved the changes. (all according to TS manager manual)

I set the event to call that price change late in the evening (taking care to set the 24hr military time correctly).

I reviewed the events list very, very carefully to make sure events weren't firing at the same time/overlapping.

Finally, refresh data.

However, the price change did not take effect at all on the terminals.

Potentially the Happy Hour event which is set as a "Price Level" event could be taking precedence here, but the event does get disabled at 6:05pm, and the event I set for Price Change happen at 1am.

Any ideas?

Okay, I may have discovered the cause of the issue, but still looking for a workaround.

I think that all of the prices have been setup using button pricing - and that any price change that I make at the item level is being defeated by button pricing?

I am still digging around in tek tips forums, will post the events.cfg soon.

Thank you to anyone who reads this!

You found your issue. Button price is not effected by events. I have always recommend item pricing. Reach out to me on reddit if you want the 6.7.74 anytime update

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
We answer when they don't
reddit : rossabout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back