Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha POS used hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griff4067

Technical User
Mar 25, 2014
US
I have a client who bought several used radiant terminals with several software keys. He does not know which terminals go with what software. Is there an easy way to determine this remotely? I forgot to mention he did not get any of the original servers with his purchase.

If he has the server and the keys, it does not matter about the terminals and whats on them. All you need to do is set the terminals to see the AlohaBOh. If they dont have radiant autoloader it can take a few steps but it is still simple

AlohaRoss

The major issue we are having is that he did not get any of the servers. There were 5 different systems of various sizes, from single units to a four unit system. Right now I have no way of know what goes with what. I am going to build him a server, and get it to him shortly so we can look at the hasp keys. If I could figure out what is what without going through all that, I could start programming his menu remotely, and preload it onto the server before sending it to him.

Specific terminals are not tied to specific keys. Each HASP key is licensed for X number of terminals and you can have whatever terminals you want up to the amount of order entry terminals that key is licensed for.

As for figuring out which how many terminals each key is licensed for, there should be a sticker on the HASP key with the key number on it, which you can use to call the original Aloha reseller/NCR to find out that info.

There is an Aloha.INI file on each terminal with the key numbers.

If these terminals were part of the original setup then you could find what version look at the \aloha\bin\iber.exe program properties to see the version on each terminal.

Look in each terminals \aloha\data\aloha.ini for matching key numbers. Search for SEC1 and match each terminal with each matching security number.

After installing the software on each server - try each key until the ctrlsvr runs.

Cheers,
Coorsman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back