Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha POS system errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

GACHMUSEUM

Technical User
Jul 29, 2010
US
We have an Aloha POS retail system that we basically use as a cash register in the process of updating prices/deleting unused buttons we refreshed the data but apparently had errors. Since that point our FOH terminal has been continually restarting. IT folks checked the hardware and all is fine as is the network connection. We tried to restore the BOH to the day before yesterday but still restarts constantly. As we are a small non-profit, I am trying to avoid the $300 tech service call. Any advice would be appreciated.

Delete everything in the tmp folder on terminal. That is usually an 'exiting' file that tells the system to that, but it is suppose to delete it automatically after reboot but sometimes doesn't.

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

It sound like there is a Stop file in your %iberdir%\TMP folder on the server. Go to this directory and delete the STOP file.

We deleted EXITING file in TMP folder on terminal and everything in the TMP file on the server but it is still shutting down. We can see a new EXITING file pop up on terminal with each reboot.

Also, when we disconnect the FOH terminal from the network the terminal does not restart itself, just goes to a screen that says make filer server.

There is no STOP in the TMP file. The only one I can find reads STOPFOH.BAT in the Aloha/QS/BIN file. It has a date of 2005 (system start). We pasted the item log from the last good day into the new data file and overwrote the existing. That replaced all of the old buttons we deleted but FOH terminal still restarts.

We refreshed and the FOH terminal started over and instead of shutting down we received this message

Failed to open

Z:\AlohaQS\DATA\PRT2.LOG

Trying to recover

We don't have a Z drive (I don't think)

I think the final problem is that we are unable to run an end of day for the day we deleted the buttons. I have one small sale out there as "Today" even though it it is really from 7/28. I have tried "Force End of Day" but it gives an error that says cannot run end of day - any suggestions?

z is the mapped drive on the network. from that error message try going into the data folder and delete all the prt logs

Has this been resolved? If not check the date on the server. Then copy then data folder for back up purposes. Go to the data folder, Make sure there is an "OK" File. Open the ALOHA.INI find DOB change it to todays date (MM DD YYYY). Save the ALOHA.INI copy it into the new data folder.

Check the data folder once more, is there an "EOD" file, if so delete it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back