Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha POS says " Please close cash drawer " while drawer is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

USER380

IS-IT--Management
Jul 4, 2009
EG
Aloha foh message whenever i press anything please " close cash drawer "

i tried to replace the cables , change the drawer , installing aloha , installing windows , trying different ports but didnt work ... also when i copied their data to another machine the same problem happened .. so i m pretty sure its not a hardware issue ... there must be a file corrupted or flawed or something ...

i tried to call my reseller but they kept on delaying me for a month and they didnt gave any answer ...

anyway solved a similar case ?

thanks in advance

What is the interface of the cash drawer? Probably OPOS?

In Aloha Manager go to [Maintenance][Store Settings][Security][Cash Drawer]
Set drawwer timeout to "0". Uncheck all other boxes. Refresh data.

hi ,

when i opened the cash drawer panel , it was already zero timeout and nothing was checked , i tried to change timeout to 1 and then to zero again ... but didnt work also

Any time I have seen this and it was determined that it was not a hardware issue, the problem was almost always with a barcode software check/option where you can tell the drawer to stay open (if wanted).

I'm a nerd in training and can give free help with lots of point of sale setups (Aldelo, CRE, PCCharge, ICVerify) for anyone. Please try to start a thread and only PM if needed since others might find the post helpful.

http://www.allbarcodesystems.com/
after all tests ... i tried to change the port , change the cable , change the drawer , change aloha database ... i guess that the problem is in the OPOS ... i m using posiflex opos ... but i did used it for a long time and for alot of machines .. but i guess the problem is in the opos ... even though i tried to reinstall it and even use a different version ....

so anyone .. know to connect the radiant drawer to aloha directly without opos ... or using anohter opos ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back