Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha POS BIN Sync problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

skydiverscott

IS-IT--Management
Sep 20, 2006
US
I looking for logging of the ALoha BIN sync process. We have 9 out of 50 restaurants that will not BIN sync new files in the BOH BIN\ folder.
In the site where we are troubleshooting to find root cause, we at running AlohaQS 15.1 on NCR 1230 POS terminals on windows 7 embedded.

We have eliminated LANDesk as the culprit. We thought it may be filelocking but making a change to the FOHADM.BAT files and then refreshing did not update the FOHADM.BAT file either.

Any suggestions where to look would be most helpful, the POS dealer is also stuck trying to figure out what is the cause. With 20% of the restaurants being unable to update their Loyalty provider's updated files, it is impacting a lot of guests.

The biggest culprit I've found is when the Aloha NIC and the Internet NIC get switched under network sharing center OR the Automatic Metric is set to 1 or 0. This usually needs to be changed to "2"
Here are some additional steps that I will do on any 12xx or 15xx series:
[I have done this for both TS and QS but in 12.3]
1) in AM/CFC maintenance, business, store settings, system > enable reboot terminals at eod
2) open a cmd prompt and run these exact commands on BOH:

netsh interface tcp set heuristics disabled
netsh interface ip delete arpcache

3) Open Network and Sharing Center, "Change Adapter Settings", Hit ALT on the keyboard, go to Advanced up top, Advanced Settings. Make sure Aloha NIC is above the Internet NIC in the list and hit ok.
4) Right click Aloha NIC and go to properties, IPV4 properties, Advanced, unflag Automatic Metric and change the metric to “2”.
5) Kill RFSSVR task on BOH and make sure it starts back up
6) Reboot FS

Let me know how it goes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back