Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha POS back office permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

needsomehelpasap

Technical User
Mar 3, 2015
US
My back office will not allow me to change any job titles, back office securities or add any employees. It gives me an error message that I do not have the authority to do so. The problem is that I had been doing it for weeks and all of a sudden it stopped letting me. Is there a way to reset my back office security/access without going through the tech support? I changed the setting from manager to office. Would this have caused the disturbance? Is there a way to fix it?
I am desperate, please help!!

when you changed your setting from Mananger to office you lowered your security level. You have a few choices.
1. the easy way, find an other manager number, have them log in and change you back.
2. A bit harder but do able, If you have not added any staff or made any other changes you could copy emp.dfb from a dated folder when you had the correct access and copy it in to newdata.
3. Much harder if you don't know what you are doing. If you know how use dbfnavagator you could edit the emp.dbf file from newdata, find your name and change your security level back to the correct level

AlohaRoss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back