Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha POS - All items have lost their categories "overnight"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RouterRanger

IS-IT--Management
Feb 22, 2016
US
Aloha POS Ver. 6.7.66

ISSUE:
------
All Items lost sales categories, GNDITEM.DBF all items have a 0 in "Category" Column - Problem started today.

Tableservice sales reports and other reports no longer show item categories.

When you exit tableservice - VERIFY.TXT tells me that all of my individual sale items have lost their category - it lists every item with "is not in a sales or retail cateogry".

Upon inspecting the Items themselves in Maintenance>Menu>Items, all items are present in the drop down and listed in the correct order under categories we have set up in the Item list (Ex. Item 001000 is the header for "***APPETIZERS***" such that Items 001001-001020 are then appetizers, and so on).

However, down in the bottom right hand corner of the Items menu, it says that "Member of Category" : "No Category" for every item.

If I open up the DATA\GNDITEM.DBF file for today, everything sold is marked as 0 for "Category" Column.

I have daily backups, I checked yesterdays GNDITEM.DBF and everything sold is in it's correct category.

QUESTIONS:
----------

How do I rectify this without manually re-entering all of my items by hand?

How did this happen?

How can I prevent it from happening again?

I have a backup from yesterday, can I pull a copy of the items from yesterday and just replace the one in the live Aloha folder?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you Tek Tips!

Update:

CAT.DBF (BOOTDRV\ALOHA\DATA) is empty, no entries.

I found a backup from yesterday. Also empty, no entries.

Looking in another backup I found from 2016, I have entries.

Might this be my problem?

Still looking into it. Any insight would be appreciated!

Edit: Found a CAT.DBF file from a month ago with the entries in it. Can I just copy this to my live Aloha\Data folder? Will that actually rectify the issue or will I still have to assign the Items?

Should I move the good version of CAT.DBF into the NEWDATA folder and then refresh data? Or just move into DATA? Both?

Is there any way to regrind a sales report after the Items have correct categories to have an accurate portrayal of today's sales?

Update:

Noticed that the CIT.DBF is also empty, no entries.

In the backup from a month ago it has all the category entries in the left hand column, then lists the items that belong to it in the right hand column.

I'm hoping I can just copy over the good CAT.DBF and CIT.DBF files over to NEW DATA folder and just refresh data to get my item categories back.

If I'm feeling ballsy I'll do it, however, it is 7pm and we are getting a rush in the door, so I just don't know.

There are also CAT.cdx/CIT.cdx and CAT.tdx/CIT.cdx files in the live Aloha\Data folder, not sure what they are for but I'm making backups of everything to be safe.

Thanks all.

copy both cat.dbf and cit.dbf to newdata and then refresh. Be sure to copy when Aloha manager is closed. It will be fine to over write existing files since they do not contain correct information.

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
We answer when they don't
reddit : rossabout

AlohaRoss,

Roger. Thank you for the quick reply. I'll reply back after I refresh data.

AlohaRoss,

You are the man. Thank you very much.

I copied the files to new data and did a refresh. All reports are displaying categories correctly now for both servers & daily sales reports. Was afraid I would have to manually edit GNDITEM.DBF for all the day's sales.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back