Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Order mode printing at different printers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joenoreason

Technical User
Nov 20, 2008
US
I run two separate kitchens, one is opened all day and the second opens during the dinner rush to help the first kitchen by taking over all takeout and deliveries. I am trying to get my printers to change over during the rush to the takeout/delivery kitchen, but only for those specific order modes (delivery/takeout/walk-in).

The only thing I came across were, create two printer groups, one for kitchen 1 and one for kitchen 2. The issue there is EVERY item prints on EVERY printer in that group. So I'm assuming that's not the proper way to do it, although it does kind of work.

The second thing I thought about was to create two menus, one for delivery/takeout order takers job codes, but that seems like a pain in the ass to duplicate the entire menu... Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back