Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha MSR Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechieMan

MIS
Aug 24, 2000
KY
Hi all,

Below is a breif explanation about how my system is setup and then i will explain my problem;

I have a number of Radiant P1520 terminals. The POS system running on each terminal is Aloha 6.4.17. We also have an Aloha Server in the background running Aloha Manager.

I have configured the Magnetic Swipe Reader in Aloha Manager to use OPOS. This uses the RSMsr file name. When i run the MSR Test application on the terminal and change to the RSMsr OPOS reeader everything works fine. I am able to see both the info on Track 1 and 2 of the card.

The problem i have is that when the card is swipped in Alhoa it only picks up the information on Track 2. The information i need Aloha to read is on Track 1.

Track 1 contains the room number of the guest (e.g. 322A) which is sent from Aloha to our PMS so guests are able to charge to their rooms using their key card. I have ensured that the setting in Aloha Manager, under Hardware/Terminal/Readers to only use track 2 is not enabled.
I would have thought that as the test program can see both tracks - Alhoa should read the 1st track frist...?

Am i missing something here?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back