Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Menu Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

balloon172

IS-IT--Management
Jun 9, 2009
US
Aloha 12.3.x, same version at all sites...

I have a major menu update coming up at four sites, and I'm wondering if I can do the following: do the update at one site and refresh, then grab the changed dbf files out of NEWDATA, move them to the other sites, then un/reinstall CFC using the following CMD Lines:

d:\bootdrv\cfc\instoreinstaller\instoredatabaseinstaller\aeminstoredatabaseinstaller.exe /deleteonly
d:\bootdrv\cfc\instoreinstaller\instoredatabaseinstaller\aeminstoredatabaseinstaller.exe /installstandalone

Import the data, and be good to go? They want this done at all 4 locations the same night, and unless this works (or I grow 40 hands!), I don't think I can get it done.

Thanks!

I have only ever done this by repeating the menus by hand for each venue, however, we used duplicates of one venue to set up each subsequent venue so your thinking *should* work, but you would lose anything that wasn't copied over including employee information. I would double-check with your support rep, in my experience, they're pretty cool about giving you answers since it saves them work. Best of luck soldier!

Be sure to backup database before you do anything
Here are some of the issues I have had doing that.
1. You need to make sure you have a ver.dbf for 6.7 otherwise it will not import
2. Make sure you mod.dbf file has all the items in the mods, otherwise you will have mods but they will all be empty
3. You may loose all your panel and screens. If you have a floor plan it may not import correctly.

The big thing will be what version of NAM are you using 18.5 or 19.3.
Sadly the old way to do in 6.7 does not work anymore. Unless you are good at editing a SQL database.

Good luck. One thing I like to do is keep an old 6.7 version sitting around just for these kinds of issues.

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
We answer when they don't
reddit : rossabout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back