Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha - mask expiraton date of cc on printed recipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkfrt

Technical User
Jul 31, 2006
US
Hi,

Is there an option in Aloha (ver 5.3) to mask credit card expiration date on customer recipe?

Or is there any reason to do it? Does anybody do it? (manager using aloha wants to do it)

This is an essential option if you are processing credit cards.

I believe it can be set up in the Aloha.ini file, found in the DATA and NEWDATA folders.
Search the file for "mask". Change MASKCREDITCARDNUMBERS=0 to
MASKCREDITCARDNUMBERS=1.

Let me know if this works.

Visit my website at

Maintenance->Store Settings->Credit Card->Voucher Printing

Check the box labeled 'Suppress Expiration Dates'

I am on ver 6 currently, but this option was available while I was on ver 5.3.28, so you should have it. And to answer your question, I believe you are required by law to mask expiration dates on all credit card receipts.

My company uses Micros exclusively so I don't know about the first question, but masking the expiration date is a very good idea. I'm pretty sure, but not 100%, that displaying the cardholder name and/or expiration date is a violation of the CISP compliancy rules. Even if it isn't, you're much better off not drawing attention to yourself.

Also make sure that the individual credit card tenders don't have "Print Expiration" checked under Maintenance -> Payments -> Tenders -> (CC Tender) -> Type -> Options. If I remember correctly, having it checked won't affect the Customer/Restaurant expiration masking, but will store it and print it on reprints of the check.

And to support the other posters: from what I've been told (aka had beaten into me), masking credit card expiration dates is mandatory for PCI compliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back