Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha MagSwipe on IBM SurePOS 500 Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

TowerActual

Technical User
Jul 23, 2012
US
I have an IBMSurePOS500 series that is running on an older Aloha 5.2 Version. I have "Use MSR" flagged in Aloha Manager but the swipe is not reading. I am confident the hardware is good but I can't seem to get it to work.

Any Suggestions?

We use IBM OPOS Configuartion 1.12.0.1 for the MSR use.

Install IBM OPOS Configuartion 1.12.0.1/Select SurePOS 300/500/600, Kiosk tab.....Select MSR and under Device Name (type the name to use for MSR..we use) MSR

In Aloha under Terminal Maintenance/Readers tab for that terminal under Type: select OPOS MSR from drop down and under OPOS: type MSR (or the name you used)....Refresh system and that should work for you

Tower,

You need to check the msr physically to see if it is set for keyboard wedge or opos. you can do so by removing the msr from the unit and there should be a dip switch on the msr.

Knectech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back