Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha lost data

Status
Not open for further replies.

winegirl1

Technical User
Dec 27, 2011
US
On dec 6, our Aloha system lost power, and rebooted. The next day I called tech support and they were able to get the system back to normal, but now it shows no data for dec 6. How can I get to the data?

What happened after the system rebooted last Dec. 6?
Were you still able to use the system that day?
Where you able to run EOD process that day?

look on the terminals for a dated sub 20111206.

Cheers,
Coorsman

We were able to use the system that day, but one user was locked out. The next day, our pos system support people got it to do end of day, but said that the 12/6/2011 data was corrupted, and they would deal with it later (they were busy). They havent dealt with it yet, and I can not get payroll data or sales data.

if the day was corrupt then the trans.log will need to be repaired. You can try to repair it yourself. Just follow my instructions in the FAQ area above. How to repair a corrupt trans.log file, that is if you are on version 6.1 or higher. I can repair it for you if you want me to connect to your computer, just let me know. They will charge you $$$ if you don't have a service contract.

Cheers,
Coorsman

I followed your post in FAQ, but It tells me its an invalid directory. Sorry to bug you, I am not super computer savvy. lol

your dealer didn't create the directory for the 6th and they might have ziped it up or named it something other than 20111206, browse your aloha directory and see if you can find a directory that is dated but not like the others. ie bad-20111206

Cheers,
Coorsman

Coorsman is absolutely correct.

Winegirl1,
I am very familiar with these situations. If you'd like I could take a look at it. I'll diagnose your situation for free and if there's anything I can do we have very low rates. Half that of our local reseller.
Thank You,
POSe Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back