Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Labor Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlohaWahini

Technical User
May 27, 2005
US
Guys,

We have an Aloha store whose labor reports are calculating overtime for shifts that exceed 10 hours. The labor setting is flagged to calculate overtimes for after 40 hours, but this person only had 25 hours of work this weeked. It was obvious that the system had a calculated ovetime for the exact amount that a servers hour exceeded 10 hours in a single day. For example, that day they worked 11.53 hours, and the system calculated 1.53 hours of OT for a 25 hour work week.

Is there a separate setting to calculate OT on a daily basis?

Thanks!

Go to Maintenance, Store Settings, Labor, Clockin\out tab. Make sure the only thing set for weekly overtime and not daily in the overtime type selection box.

Bo

Kentucky phone support-
"Mash the Kentrol key and hit scape."

I have ran into this problem in the past, and I can't explain it! I think it is an anomaly, and the way that I fixed it was to refresh the data and restart the File Server. I don't know why that worked, but it hasn't done it since!!

Adam

Bo, no it's set to weekly. And I can sort of confirm Adam's contention that this is a bug or anamoly of some sort. The store manager went back to look at labor reports for the last couple of weeks, and found something like 5 hourly employees who have worked over 10 hours in a single day. Yet only one of them accrued overtime hours, which suggests something a little more random like an bug.

I DO remember having an issue similar to this in version 5.0xx a number of years ago, though I don't recall that it was tied to working 10 hours in day. I just remember people working less than 40 hours and somehow getting OT, even though the system appear to be properly configured. I just assumed Aloha had this fixed by now (I think this is 5.3.12--maybe updating them to 5.3.15 will help, but I am not counting on it).

Adamn, have you seen it 5.3.15 too?

Thanks

The last version I saw it in was 5.2.8. I haven't seen any release notes on a fix for it, so I don't know if 5.3.15 will fix it.

Adam

It is a weird flaw. Mostly resolved by setting the OT calculation to weekly (40hours) in aloha manager, saving it, then taking the Aloha.ini from the NEWDATA folder and copying it into the DATA folder and affected dated subdirectories. Then re-grinding those dates. Re-run your labor reports, and let me know the outcome.

Thanks for the posts guys.

Regarding fixing the issue, Aloha1, when I called the customer back, he wasn't all that interested in fixing it for the moment, more interested in a permanent solution (I kind of expected that). So I never got to see if what you suggested worked or not. I figured I would follow up and let you know, since you were kind enough to post about the issue.

What he is more concerned about is that now he has to watch every labor report for this to make sure it he's not paying someone overtime who shouldn't be getting it. I am sure he is wondering why his $20,000 POS system can't perform the math that a $5 Walmart calculator does correctly everyime :)
When in doubt, blame the programmers :)

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back