Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha Keys - is there a resale value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IOETECH

Technical User
Mar 13, 2013
US
I have 6 Aloha license keys version Quickserve version 6.5 is there a resale value to these?

Also I have several 1510 and a few 1520 terminals - what is the typcial used market price for these?

Thanks

Yes and no.

Though it is a violation of the software agreement, some techs will reissues the keys to other locations. Assuming this version will allow you to run table service or quick service with the same key, it could potentially have some value to the right person IF you have the key numbers on your terminals. I would copy a file called Aloha.ini from one of the stations in the c:\aloha\data directory to a USB drive.

It's really tough to put a value on the key. The right buyer has to have a lot of technical know-how or know someone who does.

I might be able to find an interested party for you if you can find away to get a hold of me since we are not allowed to post email address on the board.

The terminal models you mentioned were definitely from Radiant's "dark days" in terms of longevity and performance. I would expect you might be able to $200 ish if they are in good working order.

Thanks. Is the .ini file in the dated subdirectories also or is it in the AlohaQS location only.

I will make copies and see if I can figure out a way to reach out once I get done with my conversion.

Regards,
David

I'd be interested in the terminals if you want to sell them, assuming they are in good, working order.

Are your keys USB or parallel? I currently have a parallel USB key, but am rebuilding my BOH server - and of course need a USB key.

IOETECH
How much were you thinking on the keys? Do you know how many terminals each was licensed for? Did you find the Key #s?

Thanks

I do have the key numbers but I am out of the office until the 22nd of Sept. I know for a fact at least two of the keys are USB and maybe more.

When your back might you be willing to auction them on Ebay? That way you get a fair market price without having to throw a number on it? Just a thought.

Thanks,

William

I have a 4 terminal aloha key with 4 radiant 1220 with aloha server running aloha 6.5 if someone like to purchase.

Hi Sheerdyn, do you still have the Aloha server and radiant 1220's? Is Aloha 6.5 TableService or QuickService? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back