Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha ITM.DBFon terminal unable to be read after refresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy221

Technical User
May 17, 2012
US
I have a two terminal aloha sytem plus BOH, during a menu update and system refresh from BOH, one terminal boots up fine with new data, the other hangs up on the aloha tableservice splash where in bottom left it says "reading: Items" then gives error that the local file ITM.dbf cannot be read. In order to fix this i have been copying ITM.dbf from the good terminal on memory stick and deleting old and pasting the new ITM.dbf from good term into the second term, restart tableservice and it works fine. Any help appreciated.

Is the terminal that gets the error set to master/server capable = TRUE or FALSE in the ibercfg.bat file?

Yes, both my terminals are set true to master capable and server capable.

You can change it to master/server capable = FALSE and then it should not try to copy the itm.dbf from the server upon starting iber as a temporary bandaid. The main issue will be the itm.dbf on the server (unlikely if the other term is ok), the copying of the file from the server to the terminal, or corruption taking place on the terminal. This used to be quite common on older version with network issues.

This is a new version, but i had serviced the HDD in the terminal in question and was told there were some bad sectors, i have a backup HDD ready to swap in when i get my next blue screen. I will change the setting to false, but upon a system refresh will itm.dbf still be copied to the term if i update my specials for the evening?

Updates should not be effected, although depending on the version I have seen issues in the past. If it doesn't work just change it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back