Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aloha in Demo Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circle9

Technical User
Dec 21, 2006
US
I currently have a Posiflex TP 5815 terminal with Aloha version 6.0.9. I need to install Aloha on a different terminal, an IBM SurePOS 500. I have a very recent backup that I have restored to the SurePOS. I have registered all services and files. Everything works okay, until I get to the "Security Key Not Found" dialog box in the FOH. Is there any way I can get Aloha to run in demo mode without installing it from a CD? My dealer did not give me a CD when I purchased my system.

I am also getting an error that says CTLSVR is not registered or started correctly-how can I fix that?

Thanks

Aloha in Demo mode is not a good idea for a live site. Functionality is HIGHLY limited and on Front of House terminals, it would only work for 21 days.

CtrlSvr.exe is only used on the Back of House server.

In order to get Aloha to function properly, your best bet is to simply copy over your aloha directory from the working terminal. Then copy ibercfg.bat from C:\ (root) to the new terminal's C:\ directory. Edit ibercfg.bat and look for a line that says: "SET TERM=x" and replace x with the terminal's number. (In your case, my assumption would be 2.) Once you've done that, create a shortcut in the startup directory to ibercfg.bat. Reboot your terminal. Next time it logs in it will automatically copy over and register any necessary files. (Including .dll's) There is no necessity to actually "restore" a backup on your new terminal. I would wipe the new terminal clean and install only the operating system. Then follow the above instructions. It is normal for a terminal to reboot a number of times during its synchronization.

Hope this helps!

I need this only for testing purposes and we have only one terminal at our restaurant.

Thank you! I will try it.

I have one other question. How can I get Aloha to run without the security key? Is there some file I will need to create?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back