Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

aloha iber error initializing peripherals

Status
Not open for further replies.

voodoothirteen

Technical User
Apr 2, 2010
US
Hi all, I have used this forum before and worked great and It's really helped me with setting up this Aloha system I have been having troubles with reading old threads. But this error that has come up I am lost. "aloha iber error initializing peripherals" Let me give you a little background on this system. I bought the 5 term and 1 server system off of ebay. I started to set everything up and it worked great! Until I walked in a couple days later and one of the terms had this error. I have deleted the log files from the term Aloha\Data and that was no luck. Then I copied Aloha from one term to the one I'm having troubles with and still no luck. This error keeps popping up. Does anybody have any ideas why?
Thank you so much

I just checked the debout file and this error is inside it.
Portputdata error: only sent 0 characters when 2 were in the buffer!! Hope somebody knows how to fix this cause I'm stuck

Need some more information.

Aloha version
Operating system version on BOH and FOH
Are the terminals radiant or other brand.
is it only on one terminal or all terminals.
Does the terminal contiinue working fine after the error.
Is the error dialog an aloha error or windows error.

cheers,
Coorsman

Hardware: the parts of a computer that can be kicked. ~Jeff Pesis

It's just this term that is having the problem. It used to work like all the others but stopped, the aloha version is 5.3.46e
The play form on the foh is 98 the error is also a windows error also the boh is windows 2000. The term is posiflex which I think is radiant. The error stops aloha from starting it stops at initializing peripherals. The error is iber the program has preformed an illegal operation and will be shut down, if the program persists contact the program vendor

When you copied aloha from another terminal, did you change the ibercfg.bat file to reflect the correct terminal name and number? - usually located in the aloha directory - ibercfg.bat file contains a specific terminal number assigned to each of the terminals.

The computer name - "usually TERM#" must match the TERM= variable in the ibercfg.bat file. I would check that file first.

If you could, please post the debout txt file from the terminal on your next post.

cheers,
Coorsman

Check your hardware configuration of the terminal in the Aloha back office. It sounds like there may be a mismatch between what's configured and what is actually on the till and Aloha is trying to initialise hardware that doesn't exist.

I can't find the ibercfg.bat file anywhere in aloha, I checked another therm that is working and no go. Anywhere else this file might be? Also I will post the debout file when I get a Internet connection at the place of business

Check your printers under Hardware. Also check the terminal to see if barcode scanner, msr, or anything like that is flagged. If you find any printers that are assigned to that terminal, just change the terminal to none on the printer. Do a refresh and restart the terminal. Odds are you have something mis-configured at the hardware level.

if u get an internet connection i'll be glat to dial in and investigate for you.

cheers,
Coorsman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back